Brent and I love nutter butter cookies. He asks me not to buy them because we both lack self-control when they are around. When I baked this bakerella recipe, we, being nutter butter fanatics, thought it would be an easy win for the KIPP Baking Club. Who doesn’t love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? Unfortunately they lost to a delicious batch of blueberry brownies by one vote. Although they didn’t win, I will still vouch for these smooth, buttery nutter butter balls. Peanut Butter/Chocolate lovers will not be disappointed.
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
2 bars of semi-sweet baking chocolate
1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor. Snack on the 5 leftovers while you bake.
2. Combine with cream cheese. Use a mixer, or a large wooden spoon.
3. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
4. Melt chocolate using a double boiler, then dunk balls into chocolate. Using a spoon, fish the balls out and tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry, keep refrigerated.
Makes about 30 balls.