It’s official. I’m running the Los Angeles Marathon again…half of it. This year Ellen and I are teaming together to run the Los Angeles Marathon Charity Relay for Girls on the Run of Los Angeles. We’re setting the goal of raising $1000 for the cause. All the money we raise will help fund the KIPP Academy of Opportunity Girls on the Run Team. 100% of our girls receive scholarships to participate in this empowering program. Help us reach our goal!
Mama and I choose a new recipe every week for Sunday night dinner. This week we made chimichurri chicken.
Brent and I had dinner at The Tasting Kitchen on Abbot Kinney in Venice last night. We went with the 5 course tasting meal, which is essentially whatever the chef feels like making. This was one of our appetizers, oxtail ragu with grilled bread. We drank lots of wine, ate steak, fish, bone marrow, pasta, dessert. It was incredible.
I spent a lot of time at the beach this weekend. It was cooler and cloudy, a nice change of pace in LA.We made our mark in Playa by buying a bottle of wine at Bacari PDR. If you buy a bottle they’ll hang it up on the ceiling! We ate lots of mac & cheese, pork skewers and had bone marrow here too. Bone marrow twice in a week!? Fancy! (For those of you who haven’t had it, it tastes like meaty butter) Here’s what I ran last week:
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: MDR Track Club (4 x 300, 3 X 800, 4 X 200)
- Wednesday: Four Mile Run with Back on My Feet (7:20 Average)
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: Eight Mile Run with Gisele in Palos Verdes. It was SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! We saw the sun rise. Also, FYI SoCal runners, you can park for free at the Terranea resort at the lot left of the roundabout.
- Saturday: Eight Mile Run with Lauren and Ellen followed by Beach Runner’s Boot Camp with RunMDR (sprints, squats and drills on the beach!!!)
- Sunday: Eleven Mile Run at Lululemon