2015 was good to me both personally and professionally. My team and I opened an elementary school, Brent and I celebrated our five year anniversary in South America, we took lots of weekend trips to visit family, and I did a little bit of running 🙂 Here are my best nine of 2015! I was happy that only 2 were running pictures. I love running, but I don’t want it to be my entire life.
I’m not big into New Year’s resolutions. I constantly evaluate and adjusting my goals, but the new year is a great time to think broad. Here is what I am thinking big picture, and will impact my weekly and monthly goals.
- I’m committed to meeting my school goals with 80% of scholars reading at or above grade level by the end of the year and 80% of scholars meeting/exceeding their MAP reading growth goal.
- This is dumb, but I’d like to get monthly pedicures so that I don’t have to be hide my runner feet.
- 2015 was a year of PRs in the 10K, half and marathon. I think I have a few more PRs left in me. I’d really love to PR in the 10K and marathon this year. I think I would pass out of excitement if I got close to a 3:10 in the marathon. I know I can do it if I stay injury free, have good race conditions at Boston, and wake up energized and ready to run. Oh the marathon, it’s so much more than what you’re capable of. Setting marathon goals really is a gamble. There is so much that is out of your control.
- I’d like to be a little more adventurous with my weekly meal prep. I’ve got my go-to homemade pizza, roasted veggies, and tacos. I want to expand a bit. I started with making mole and salsa verde yesterday! Today I made a huge batch of curried couscous for this week’s lunch.
- I’m not sure how to make this measurable, but Brent and I want to take advantage of LA cultural events. We have a LACMA membership (thanks Mama and Papa), we’d like to go to more shows, visit more museums, attend more community events, etc. Maybe plan out two events a month? Today we’re driving up to Los Feliz to wander on Hillhurst and Vermont. Maybe pick up some Jeni’s ice-cream?
- I’d also like to work on being on my phone less. Emails don’t have to be responded to immediately. I don’t have to refresh every 5 minutes. Any tips?
Playa at sunset during our evening beach walk. Time to go enjoy my last day of vacation. Tomorrow it’s back to my 5am wake up call, and back to school. 8 mile run with 3 x 8 minutes tempo to look forward to after work 🙂